Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Coping with Desire to Stress Eat

I have a two things going on right now.

1) I have a long report I'm writing and it's feeling really hard. I'm a good writer when I put in a lot of effort but putting in all that effort is really painful. I also have in my mind that I need some magic to really make it happen. My whole life I've disliked writing essays/papers/reports and I've often pulled all nighters and usually eaten poorly. I don't want to eat poorly this week. That is not in my best interest. Also, it's not going to make what needs to happen happen. And this report needs to happen.

2) I'm afraid to weigh in. I hate weighing in. A lot. Part of this is because in the past I've done a bunch of weight lifting and so my weight has remained the same despite my effort. Part of this is because my last weigh in was pre-holiday. And I was sick. So I'm afraid it was a bit of a fluke. And I so don't want to weigh in and see I'm up after working so hard-- well hardish-- after the holidays. I've been OP for 12 days after the holidays and I'd be bummed to have gained. And I hate hate hate that the scale has this kind of control.

So. I'm at 25 points for the day and I haven't eaten dinner. My plan needs to be the following.
1) Lots of water. Let's have this be the real measure. Let's see if I can drink 6 bottles before the end of the day.
2) Lots of tea.
3) Greek yogurt for dinner with fruit
4) Let go of perfection. It's most important now to get the thoughts down. The writing will follow.
5) Remember I have a week to do this
6) Work out tomorrow and go to bed at a good time tonight.
7) Let go of the scale as a measure. Weigh in on Sat.

No comments:

Post a Comment