Monday, January 31, 2011

Had a high point day-- lessons learned


Today was much higher than I would have liked. What happened? The last two days have been great!

1) Breakfast was different. I eat oatmeal + 1 egg every day and I love it. I instead had some beans + oatmeal without the egg and that set me up in a bad way
2) The bf and I were together and he was starving by 1 but I wasn't hungry. I got him food then wanted some (might as well) but this put me around 17 pts by 1 without having felt like I'd had lunch. And I wanted more. I was off. I hadn't written recently and felt off
3) So I had some dried pineapple + bread--> I was at 25 pts. This really threw me
4) Naptime-- this often leads to binges. Remember this. I need 8.5 hours/sleep a night first. Second, try to avoid naps like this, esp. wearing all my clothes and contacts. I wake up feeling worse. worse!
5) Ate a bunch to wake up
6) Then I didn't honor self. I wanted to do yoga. I instead ate without tasting it. Yuck

Overall: I like eating 8-10 pts in the morning (usually 1-3 pieces of fruit too); 8-10 in middle of the day and 10 for dinner. Psychologically this works well for me. I tend to freak out if I feel like I'm doing too much in the morning. As a result, brunch is a challenge for me, if people are positioning it as a time to eat a bunch. It just usually makes me feel bad. And to be clear, I usually feel crappy on days when I eat a lot. Much worse than when I feel vibrant. I felt crappy today.

Lessons learned:
1) Do what I can to eat oatmeal + egg and then brush teeth. Know this should keep me for 3-4 hours. Don't eat bread in an hour
2) Aim for that breakdown daily. know I will have higher meals (some are even planned) and assume every meal out is about 15 pts, and that's cool. think of it as 10 pts + 5 APs.
3) No need to eat b/c bf is hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment