Sunday, January 2, 2011

Food Plan (and Results) for Sunday, January 2nd, 2011

Today was not great, eating wise. I didn't even realize how bad it was until really calculating it on WW.
I ate about 52 points when my intention was 25 for the day. As you can see most of the points are snacking in the middle of the day on salty fatty things.

How this happened:
I had a nice morning of forcing self to the gym, which was a challenge but I did it. Then we had a filling breakfast. We went out and did errands, which were not much fun. I was also really cold, which I think is a trigger. My boyfriend started to get cranky and hungry and I was too. He said he was hungry and I decided I was hungry too but really, coming home and bundling up and drink tea and warming up my hands could have staved it off with lots of tea + hot soup but at the store I got these snappea tempura things since I wanted something salty. I didn't calculate points ahead of time, which was another mistake. I had the snappeas in the car and then came home, accidentally eating 2 servings (7 points, not worth it at all) and felt mad at self but deprived. So then I ate 3 servings of rice crackers + cheese, took a bath, slept, got up and ate as I was hungry.

 A few takeaways:
1) Snack foods like rice cakes, crackers, tempura snap peas take up a lot of points but they really don't fill me up. This means that I will need to get real food at some point later. I can't have those instead of real food since I will get hungry later. This is something to remember. I'll forget it again but it's really important.
2) I should only plan out 20 points/day since I always go off plan a little. I was actually worried I wouldn't eat enough today. Ha! Instead I used 46 points (what's shown below is a bit out of date since I forgot to count an egg etc)
3) It's good to write about why I want to snack. I thought about it and decided I wanted to snack and it was going to happen. Instead I should have written about it and allowed self one snack but not 3 servings!
4) Calculate/track during the day on ww.com, not just in my head. I was surprised by how high my day was.
5) Related to #4: Calculate/track BEFORE eating something
6) Eating is essential but it's not a hobby. I spent way too much time eating this afternoon, with snacking become my hobby
7) Continue to fight the urge to eat in the kitchen standing up. It's OK to try food I'm making standing up. That's the only OK. Treat self better by sitting down. The food counts either way, so make it a better experience. That's loving
8) I need to take a break from ww recipes. I've had a bunch of flukes recently. Instead focus on recipes by authors that take health into account as well as taste. Like Mark Bittman.




Total is 52 pts for the day. Goal was 25, my point total per day is 29

Original Plan


No comments:

Post a Comment